Estate Planning

Estate planning attorney James H. Wilson, Jr., offers estate planning assistance to clients in the Richmond, Virginia area, including Chesterfield County, Hanover County, Henrico County and the City of Richmond. Lawyer James H. Wilson, Jr., understands that your most important estate-planning goal is to secure a future which provides for you and for the ones you love. Attorney James H. Wilson, Jr., can work with you to create a plan that meets the needs of you and those you wish to benefit using wills, testamentary trusts, living trusts, durable powers of attorneys, and the appointment of guardians and trustees. Lawyer James H. Wilson, Jr., can also help you with the creation of directives for your medical and financial needs, including medical powers of attorney, living wills, and financial powers of attorney and appointment. Attorney James H. Wilson, Jr., wants to help you structure your personal matters and financial affairs so you will be comfortable and secure that your loved ones will be taken care of.

One of the first questions is when you need to consult with an estate planning attorney. We all know the difficulties faced when a loved one dies and how dealing with an estate can present particular challenges. Almost everyone would benefit from having a Last Will and Testament and considering the appointment of a loved one under a durable power of attorney. If you have children and are concerned about your estate and who would take care of your children, have recently been married, have recently divorced, acquired property, wish to give certain property upon your death to a particular person, you should make or update your will. Estate-planning lawyer James H. Wilson, Jr., will help you create a plan to distribute your property according to your wishes.

You may be able to reduce or eliminate death taxes, avoid probate, and maintain the privacy of your family through the use of a living trust, you may avoid probate. A living trust can be used to eliminate the need to transfer property upon your death or go through probate. With a revocable trust you are still able to deal with your property or change your mind. A living trust can help your loved ones avoid the expense and long delays of probate, and may even protect your estate from taxes.

If you become ill or incapacitated and are no longer legally competent, a durable power of attorney can allow someone you designate to act on your behalf. You can also specify in an advance medical directive, your wishes regarding end-of-life medical care. Lawyer James H. Wilson, Jr., can help you draft medical powers of attorney, living wills, and financial powers of attorney and appointment that will help your family and medical providers make important decisions if you are unable to do so.

To set up a free consultation, contact me online or call me at 804.740.6464.

Contact Us

  1. 1 Free Consultation
  2. 2 Reasonable Fees
  3. 3 Real Solutions to Real Problems

Fill out the contact form or call us at 804.740.6464 to schedule your free consultation.

Leave Us a Message